Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lotus Flower Symbol


The Lotus flower is symbolic of rebirth, but in addition to its religious meaning, the lotus is also a symbol of all that is true, good and beautiful, representing good fortune, peace and enlightenment.
In some belief systems, different coloured Lotus blooms have different symbolic meanings. There are white, blue, red and yellow lotuses described in ancient Indian sutras, or writings. Different colors have different meanings. White, for instance, represents "purity"; blue represents "goodness"; and red represents "enlightenment."

6 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the info...

2sweetnsaxy said...

I don't think I'll ever get a tat but I see some and it becomes a thought. :-) These are beautiful. I had to stumble this blog.

Anonymous said...

The lotus flowers are beautiful. Not for me, but beautiful all the same. Thanks!

E Sharisse McEntyre said...

I was actually browsing google for photos pf Lotus flowers to send to my tattoo artist. It will be m next peice. It is also the representation on my blog page...beautiful and accurately described!
ESM

jaze said...

actually why anyone scared about getting a tattoo its because of the pain right,. that's really true!!!
you want to avoid having that pain..?? hey, try DRNUMB'S NUMBING CREAM,, it's really safe and effective when it comes for pain relieving,,
i've got this one already.. so i think you really need it too..
try to visit their website at http://www.drnumb.com/

Anonymous said...

Tribal Gangsta Tattoos